Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Well, it's been six weeks...

And nothing!

I'm starting to wonder if this hobby is even worth it.

Just sent another NPN out yesterday, Topps Finest.

I was figuring that if I sent an envelope to every stinkin' contest out there that I would garner a few responses, but so far my mailbox is still empty of Topps, Donruss or Upper Deck goodness.

Is it too much too ask for a Barry Bonds game-used "cream" or "clear" card? Oooo! A Barry Bonds/Roger Clemens dual-auto 'Roid Rage card would be nice. How about a post-game-used breathalyzer result of Scott Spiezio, Tony La Russa or Jim Leyritz?

While I'm on the topic of steroids - and maybe this is just an unrelated topic - but has anyone seen the size of the head on - Frank Thomas? You thought I was going to say Bonds. No, I believe Thomas has the bigger head of the two. Then again, you can't see Barry's head since its shoved so far up his ass, so I could be wrong. I think Thomas just has an abnormally sized head. It's not anything that you could have bought from Victor Conte or Roger Clemens' trainer. Bonds' head just needs to be juiced...or de-juiced.

2 comments:

NPN King said...

Ha ha ha I love the idea of a dual Roid Rage card. Hey I noticed you post different addresses for the same product (hobby, blaster, retail...). Did you know you can only send to one address per product? I didn't know this when I first started sending, and I was disqualifying myself and didn't know why I wasn't getting anything back.

I haven't received any sports NPN's since December from any company. My friend received some Topps baseball cards, some Generation Now inserts and a couple gold parallels /2007. He got those about a month ago. I'll let you know next time I receive anything.

Tim
http://tcnpns.blogspot.com

Chris said...

Yah, I know. It's just for anyone out there that stumbles along to my site and wants a specific address. I don't know why anyone would send a stamp for Retail packs though. But I should probably make that note for anyone who wouldn't know.

I really don't mind if I never get anything really. I think the thought of it is 90% of the fun. I won't be heartbroken if I never hear from a card company.

As for the Roid Rage card, I think they could also have a series called either "Sharp Talent" or "MLB's Famous Pricks" and include the butt-used needles of some of baseball's greatest stars (from the 90's), including Bonds, Canseco and Clemens.