Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's been five weeks...

Three weeks if you consider two weeks until the drawing...

Oddly enough, that's the same amount of time that I've been avoiding red meat, not partaking in McDonald's or other fast foods and have actually been drinking lots of water. Lost 20 pounds so far and without the aid of additional exercise. Which could be why I'm so hooked on this specific hobby.

But back to the cards...

As I said earlier, WalMart still doesn't have anything. They've not-so-cleverly moved all of their crap football boxes into other areas of the display to make it look more full.

The only thing tempting now is the hockey cards. The odd thing is that I live in an area 50 miles from Canada and Canadians are prevalent at this specific WalMart, but I think they all must be non-hockey-lovin' Canadians.

I believe the Canadian Criminal Code says that not loving hockey is punishable by death. I think it goes along with speaking two languages and not paying attention to express checkouts (the other day I was at WalMart - God forbid - and a Canadian got in the express lane before I could get there. 800 items in the 20 items or less lane. I guess the metric conversion confused the dipwad.)

So, nothing new to report other than a Canadian with bad shopping etiquette. By the way, I've already reported him to Canadian authorities for not purchasing any hockey cards. The next time it happens, I'll burn a photo of Wayne Gretzky in effigy.

Come on Donruss, Topps and Upper Deck! Send me some cards!

1 comment:

NPN King said...

Thanks for the comments you've left at our blog. Its nice to meet another collector on Blogger. If you would like a link on our site, email npnking@live.com and we will gladly post one. Good luck with all your NPN entries!

Trading Card NPN's
http://tcnpns.blogspot.com